Elvish Bread. One small bite is enough to fill a grown man!Minutes to Prepare: 15Minutes to Cook: 15Number of Servings: 10
Ingredients2 1/2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
8 tablespoons of cold butter (1 stick)
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon maple syrup/honey
2/3 cup of milk/heavy cream (or more, if necessary)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
3) Add the butter and mix with a fork or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles fine granules.
4) Add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly into the mixture.
5) Add the milk/cream and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
6) Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness.
7) Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.
8) Criss-cross (DO NOT cut all the way) each square from corner-to-corner with a knife.
9) Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
(the recipe makes about 10-12 pieces of lembas)
nutrition information is using honey, milk, and 10 pieces of lembas
Number of Servings: 10Nutritional Info
- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 233.3
- Total Fat: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 26.1 mg
- Sodium: 217.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 3.9 g